Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 12

I didn't like the fact the digg didn't let you back out of their site when I went to check it out. I like that in some of the sites in reddit you can change the font size. I also found the searching easy and I see that people can add comments to add to the articles. I thought that newsvine was pretty easy to navigate as well. I checked out Mixx as well and found a funny video about a dog who had figured out how to reload a ball throwing machine to play ball with himself. I have seen and tried the share button to send cute things to other people. What I have a problem with at these sites are because the don't have editors it will be harder to teach student to be discrimate users and how to what information to trust. I also noticed that some posters of information don't always use what I would consider appropriate commentary for my students to be reading. As far as how I would use these in the classroom, I haven't checked yet to see if any of these sites would be blocked at school and I likely wouldn't use them in a classroom situation because I would prefer to find sources that I know are reliable and direct the students towards these. I also noted that if you wanted to vote you had to create yet another login and password. I am also not a news junkie so I would probably not use this site myself.

No comments: